Want to help people affected by the wildfires in Washington? Here’s how.

Share story

Several national and local organizations are coordinating relief efforts for the wildfires in Washington, including the following:

The Community Foundation of North Central Washington is collecting donations for victims of the fires through the Chelan Valley Fire Relief Fund. Visit cfncw.org/fire or call 509-663-7716.

Okanogan County Community Action Council is providing aid for immediate needs such as gas, food and shelter. Visit occac.com or call 509-422-4041.

The Salvation Army office in Wenatchee is collecting money to aid fire victims. Visit salvationarmynw.org or call 800-SAL-ARMY (designate gift for “Northwest fires”).

The Red Cross is accepting donations for wildfire-disaster relief, which allows it to set up shelters and provide quick help. Visit redcross.org, call 800-RED-CROSS, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.

The United Way of Chelan and Douglas counties is taking donations through its Sleepy Hollow fire-relief fund. Visit uwcdc.org or call 509-662-8261. Donations can also be mailed to P.O. Box 488, Wenatchee, WA 98807.

Governor Inslee’s office published a list of community action agencies accepting cash donations (some included above): 

State employees can donate to wildfire relief using the Combined Fund Drive Wildfire Relief Center.

Have wildfire fighting experience? Where you can volunteer.

Related: Updates on the wildfires in Washington state and the Northwest