Want to help people affected by the wildfires in Washington? Here’s how.
Several national and local organizations are coordinating relief efforts for the wildfires in Washington, including the following:
• The Community Foundation of North Central Washington is collecting donations for victims of the fires through the Chelan Valley Fire Relief Fund. Visit cfncw.org/fire or call 509-663-7716.
• Okanogan County Community Action Council is providing aid for immediate needs such as gas, food and shelter. Visit occac.com or call 509-422-4041.
• The Salvation Army office in Wenatchee is collecting money to aid fire victims. Visit salvationarmynw.org or call 800-SAL-ARMY (designate gift for “Northwest fires”).
Most Read Local Stories
- Weather drama on the way: Lots of rain in Seattle, snow in the Cascades, wind at the coast
- Seattle City Council approves plan for UW to build 6 million square feet, add high-rise district
- Seattle zoning's urban-suburban divide: Here's how the city's two halves are changing | FYI Guy
- After the viaduct: Seattle's vision for waterfront up in the air because some property owners don't want to pay
- SeaTac Councilmember Amina Ahmed dies in car crash 7 weeks after joining council
• The Red Cross is accepting donations for wildfire-disaster relief, which allows it to set up shelters and provide quick help. Visit redcross.org, call 800-RED-CROSS, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.
• The United Way of Chelan and Douglas counties is taking donations through its Sleepy Hollow fire-relief fund. Visit uwcdc.org or call 509-662-8261. Donations can also be mailed to P.O. Box 488, Wenatchee, WA 98807.
Governor Inslee’s office published a list of community action agencies accepting cash donations (some included above):
- Adams, Grant and north Yakima counties: OIC of Washington – Steve Mitchell, 509-248-6751
- Asotin County: Community Action Partnership Association of Idaho – Lisa Stoddard, 208-746-3351
- Chelan and Douglas County: Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council – Julie Kagele, 509-662-6156
- Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan counties: Community Foundation of North Central Washington – Beth Stipe, 509-663-7716
- Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille and Stevens counties: Rural Resources Community Action – Greg Knight, 509-684-8421
- Klickitat and Skamania counties: Washington-Gorge Action Partners – Linda Schneider, 509-493-2662
- Okanogan County: Okanogan County Community Action Council – Lael Duncan, 509-422-4041
- Spokane County: Spokane Neighborhood Action Partners – Julie Honekamp, 509-456-7111
State employees can donate to wildfire relief using the Combined Fund Drive Wildfire Relief Center.
Have wildfire fighting experience? Where you can volunteer.