ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage fire officials say the fire that destroyed an eastside sushi restaurant likely was intentionally set.
The fire gutted Yakitori Sushi House just east of the busy Tudor Road and Lake Otis Parkway intersection.
The Anchorage Daily News reports the fire was called in just before 4:30 a.m. Monday.
Fire marshal Cleo Hill says the fire began after a break-in at a noodle business next door and likely was associated with that crime.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
The fire was the fifth to damage or destroy an Anchorage commercial building in a month. Fire officials say there is no evidence that the fires are related or unusually numerous.
Information from: Anchorage Daily News, http://www.adn.com