ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage fire officials say the fire that destroyed an eastside sushi restaurant likely was intentionally set.
The fire gutted Yakitori Sushi House just east of the busy Tudor Road and Lake Otis Parkway intersection.
The Anchorage Daily News reports the fire was called in just before 4:30 a.m. Monday.
Fire marshal Cleo Hill says the fire began after a break-in at a noodle business next door and likely was associated with that crime.
Most Read Local Stories
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Bad omen: Even the Catholics are growing frustrated with Seattle's efforts on homelessness | Danny Westneat
- Interest groups are pouring money into Seattle's City Council elections using no-limit PACs
The fire was the fifth to damage or destroy an Anchorage commercial building in a month. Fire officials say there is no evidence that the fires are related or unusually numerous.
Information from: Anchorage Daily News, http://www.adn.com