BEND, Ore. (AP) — A fire in downtown Bend prompted evacuations and killed two pets Christmas Eve night.

The Bend Bulletin reports around 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Bend Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a fire in a second floor apartment in downtown Bend on Brooks Street, which is the alleyway behind the buildings on the west side of NW Wall Street.

The occupants, Florencio Guevara and Viviana Rodriguez, evacuated the apartment with no injuries, but two pets — a turtle and a snake — did not survive the fire. Occupants of the adjacent business, the Wall Street Grille, as well as the people in the other second floor apartments, were evacuated as a precaution.

The business on the first floor has significant smoke damage.