NORTH BEND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old fatally stabbed his mother’s ex-boyfriend on the Oregon coast when the man kicked in the woman’s front door and charged at her son.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office says Anthony Calderon stabbed 39-year-old Eric Woodworth in the chest with a knife at about 6:05 Wednesday morning.
Authorities found Woodworth lying on the porch of the North Bend home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The sheriff’s office says three other adults and two children were inside the home when the incident happened. No one else was hurt.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington Democrats call for GOP state Rep. Matt Shea to be expelled after latest allegations
- Tearing down the Alaskan Way Viaduct is taking longer than once thought WATCH
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- White Center homeowner fatally shoots suspected burglar
The sheriff’s office says Calderon’s mother had recently ended her relationship with Woodworth.
No arrests have been made.
Authorities are investigating.