BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The chairman of the Idaho Republican Party has resigned.
The party in a statement on Tuesday released Jonathan Parker’s resignation letter he sent on Monday.
Parker says he’s resigning because the effort of maintaining a full-time job and being fully engaged as a father was harder than he imagined. He says he plans to focus on those priorities.
The Idaho Republican Party in the statement says Jennifer Locke of Hayden will be acting chair until a replacement is elected this summer to fill the remainder of the two-year term.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man dies after bus hits his car on I-90 near North Bend
- Itchy eyes and scratchy throat? Welcome to Western Washington's tree-pollen allergy season
- Canadian company applies for permit for exploratory mining in headwaters of Skagit River
- Tri-Cities rancher says blizzard killed 29 cows, but deputies suspect he let them starve
- After infighting at Seattle's tiny-house villages, activist leaders get the boot