BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The Legislature’s budget-setting committee has approved a 4.8 percent increase to $15 million for the governor’s Office of Species Conservation.
The Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee on Tuesday approved the budget that includes $640,000 for salmon habitat grants.
About $13.5 million of the agency’s budget comes from federal money.
The state office works to protect and recover species listed under the federal Endangered Species Act.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle weather forecast: 'Unseasonably strong' system on way
- King County Council votes unanimously for the Oxford comma
- Seattle mayor Harrell proposes tripling housing levy to $970M
- Seattle's 'unspoken' rules: No umbrellas, no honking and more
- Alert skier spots snowboard, digs to save man near WA ski area