CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon State University campus building has been evacuated after combustible gas was found leaking inside.
The Gazette-Times reports firefighters were sent to the Oak Creek Building in Corvallis shortly after 11 a.m., when reports came in of acetylene gas fumes in the building.
Corvallis Fire Department spokesman Jim Patton says the leak occurred because of a broken valve on an acetylene tank used in one of the building’s laboratories.
Patton says all students, faculty and staff were evacuated and that no one has been injured and there is no risk to the public.
Most Read Local Stories
- Driver arrested after video shows Jeep plowing into Seattle snowball fight, police say
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- What to know about the new website to order free COVID tests
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 18: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
Firefighters are keeping people out of the structure while fume hoods in the lab vent the gas out of the building.
Information from: Gazette-Times, http://www.gtconnect.com