What will you call the Amazon “biospheres” that are coming together on Lenora Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues in Seattle?
Sketched July 12, 2016
Back in February, I wondered what people would call the Amazon biodome after it is completed.
But there’s no need to wait till then to have some fun. This afternoon, as I sat to document the construction progress, I overheard a passerby say: “I call it the Death Star.”
I think that’s a fitting name, especially after seeing the stark look of the first sphere that’s already been covered with glass.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Gov. Jay Inslee's out-of-state trips strain budget of Washington State Patrol security detail VIEW
- How the mushroom dream of a 'long-haired hippie' could help save the world's bees
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
Care to suggest any more creative names?