What will you call the Amazon “biospheres” that are coming together on Lenora Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues in Seattle?
Sketched July 12, 2016
Back in February, I wondered what people would call the Amazon biodome after it is completed.
But there’s no need to wait till then to have some fun. This afternoon, as I sat to document the construction progress, I overheard a passerby say: “I call it the Death Star.”
I think that’s a fitting name, especially after seeing the stark look of the first sphere that’s already been covered with glass.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
- Washington's last presidential primary was meaningless. The state Legislature might change that.
Care to suggest any more creative names?