What will you call the Amazon “biospheres” that are coming together on Lenora Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues in Seattle?
Sketched July 12, 2016
Back in February, I wondered what people would call the Amazon biodome after it is completed.
But there’s no need to wait till then to have some fun. This afternoon, as I sat to document the construction progress, I overheard a passerby say: “I call it the Death Star.”
I think that’s a fitting name, especially after seeing the stark look of the first sphere that’s already been covered with glass.
Most Read Local Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
Care to suggest any more creative names?