What will you call the Amazon “biospheres” that are coming together on Lenora Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues in Seattle?
Sketched July 12, 2016
Back in February, I wondered what people would call the Amazon biodome after it is completed.
But there’s no need to wait till then to have some fun. This afternoon, as I sat to document the construction progress, I overheard a passerby say: “I call it the Death Star.”
I think that’s a fitting name, especially after seeing the stark look of the first sphere that’s already been covered with glass.
Most Read Local Stories
- Parks director complaint claims King County executive pressured county into lucrative contract with David Meinert
- How do mosquitoes track you? UW researchers used a tiny flight simulator, cut into their brains to find out
- After one year in sanctuary, Jose Robles detained by ICE after leaving Seattle church VIEW
- ‘We’re elated’: Suddenly the liberal dream of an income tax is tantalizingly real | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police arrest man suspected of stabbing two women in Cal Anderson Park, killing one
Care to suggest any more creative names?