A naked woman crashed her car into a Shoreline utility pole, causing a power outage that affected more than 4,000 people.
A naked and potentially drunk woman crashed her car into a Shoreline utility pole early Friday, causing a power outage that affected more than 4,000 people, police said.
The woman, 24, “did not have any ID on her,” said King County sheriff’s spokesman Jason Houck, “and we don’t know why she was naked.”
According to the King County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy on patrol found the woman around 1:30 a.m., shortly after she had crashed her Volkswagen Beetle into a power pole near North 155th Street and First Avenue Northeast.
The woman was in and out of consciousness so deputies did not have a chance to question her, Houck said.
Most Read Local Stories
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- When is daylight saving time? Do you need to turn clock back in Washington, given the new law? Your questions answered
- Amazon drops additional $1 million-plus into Seattle City Council races, with ballots out this week
- 'Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times | Danny Westneat
- Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide charity care when patients can't pay. What's going wrong?
She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where she was treated and blood was drawn to test for alcohol and drug intoxication.
Power was restored to customers by 5:30 a.m.