A 75-acre brush fire burning near Naches has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles
YAKIMA — The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a brush fire in the Naches area near Yakima has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles and damaged two other homes.
KCPQ-TV reports a line has been established around the 75-acre fire.
The sheriff’s office says the cause of the fire has not been determined but firefighters suspect it may have been started by a resident burning weeds.
Most Read Local Stories
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war
- 8 people tied up, 2 sexually assaulted in robbery at Bob's Burgers in SeaTac, police say
- Affirmative action debate in Washington takes an Orwellian turn | Naomi Ishisaka
- Behind a zoo built for animal actors, decades of concern and violations at Olympic Game Farm VIEW
- Heavy rain causes flooding in Western Washington VIEW
Information from: KCPQ-TV, http://q13fox.com/