A 75-acre brush fire burning near Naches has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles
YAKIMA — The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a brush fire in the Naches area near Yakima has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles and damaged two other homes.
KCPQ-TV reports a line has been established around the 75-acre fire.
The sheriff’s office says the cause of the fire has not been determined but firefighters suspect it may have been started by a resident burning weeds.
Most Read Local Stories
- Traffic nightmare: Bizarre fire, crash close I-5 lanes near Lakewood for nearly 13 hours VIEW
- ‘We failed’: Seattle Children’s CEO admits 6 deaths, more illnesses due to mold in ORs
- More Seattleites are housing homeless people in their backyards, but it’s hard to find the right fit VIEW
- Fearing a mass shooting, police took a Redmond man's guns. A judge gave them back.
- Stretch of sunny weather coming to Seattle
Information from: KCPQ-TV, http://q13fox.com/