A 75-acre brush fire burning near Naches has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles
YAKIMA — The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a brush fire in the Naches area near Yakima has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles and damaged two other homes.
KCPQ-TV reports a line has been established around the 75-acre fire.
The sheriff’s office says the cause of the fire has not been determined but firefighters suspect it may have been started by a resident burning weeds.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news update, April 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 7: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- New UW analysis lowers coronavirus death projections and suggests hospitalizations may have already peaked in Washington
- Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus
- 'We're all scared': Spread of coronavirus marked by friction, frustration among employees at Valley Medical Center facilities VIEW
Information from: KCPQ-TV, http://q13fox.com/