A 75-acre brush fire burning near Naches has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles
YAKIMA — The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a brush fire in the Naches area near Yakima has destroyed two homes and two recreational vehicles and damaged two other homes.
KCPQ-TV reports a line has been established around the 75-acre fire.
The sheriff’s office says the cause of the fire has not been determined but firefighters suspect it may have been started by a resident burning weeds.
Most Read Local Stories
- As Washington state public schools lost students during pandemic, home-schooled population has boomed
- University of Washington scientist weighs in on spread of new omicron COVID variant
- Wet, blustery and cool weather to continue in Puget Sound region
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 26: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Kirkland hospital that saw early COVID patients has 'new house' — but it's haunted by pandemic heartbreak
Information from: KCPQ-TV, http://q13fox.com/