Mount Si hiking trails are closed through the three-day Presidents Day weekend for the investigation of Wednesday’s small plane crash that killed three people.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office says the crash killed Rob Marshall Hill, 30, Seth Dawson, 31, and Elizabeth Redling, 29.
Hill was the pilot and a flight instructor at AcuWings, a Renton flying school, but he was not on an instructional flight. An AcuWings executive, Baha Acuner, said he had no idea what they were doing.
Hill also was a swim coach at Decatur High School and Dawson coached swimming at Kentlake High School in south King County. Both also coached at Valley Aquatics in Federal Way. Redling was a friend.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book