EVERETT — A woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle was killed and the man driving the bike was injured when they crashed along I-5 late Wednesday, and impaired driving is a suspected factor in the crash, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The two were heading north around on the freeway around 10:30 p.m. when the driver veered off the road to the right and crashed north of 164th Street Southwest in South Everett, troopers said. The impact ejected both riders.
A patrol trooper who first came to the scene found one person dead and another with serious injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 5: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Limited restaurant dining can resume in King, Pierce, Snohomish counties as state OKs coronavirus reopenings
- After months of pleading for social distancing, health officials support protests. Seattle Black Lives Matter warns of dangers
- Seattle-area protests: Police have used flash bangs in an attempt to disperse protesters outside Seattle’s East Precinct
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world