EVERETT — A woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle was killed and the man driving the bike was injured when they crashed along I-5 late Wednesday, and impaired driving is a suspected factor in the crash, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The two were heading north around on the freeway around 10:30 p.m. when the driver veered off the road to the right and crashed north of 164th Street Southwest in South Everett, troopers said. The impact ejected both riders.
A patrol trooper who first came to the scene found one person dead and another with serious injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- What to do if you think you qualify for a COVID-19 vaccine — and what to do after you receive it
- Amazon, Virginia Mason to offer pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Bellevue School District expands in-person learning — and takes teachers union to court VIEW
- Seattle man charged with premeditated murder, accused of shooting woman and leaving her body in Seward Park