EVERETT — A woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle was killed and the man driving the bike was injured when they crashed along I-5 late Wednesday, and impaired driving is a suspected factor in the crash, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The two were heading north around on the freeway around 10:30 p.m. when the driver veered off the road to the right and crashed north of 164th Street Southwest in South Everett, troopers said. The impact ejected both riders.
A patrol trooper who first came to the scene found one person dead and another with serious injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 11: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County plans to buy hotels to permanently house 1,600 homeless people
- Art Langlie, grandson of former Seattle mayor and governor, announces mayoral run
- Are your neighbors getting vaccinated against COVID-19? Take an area-by-area look in King County
- Seattle ethics panel requires Kshama Sawant to pay $3,516 for violating law