EVERETT — A woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle was killed and the man driving the bike was injured when they crashed along I-5 late Wednesday, and impaired driving is a suspected factor in the crash, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The two were heading north around on the freeway around 10:30 p.m. when the driver veered off the road to the right and crashed north of 164th Street Southwest in South Everett, troopers said. The impact ejected both riders.
A patrol trooper who first came to the scene found one person dead and another with serious injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle police Chief Carmen Best says she will retire amid protests, City Council cuts
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 11: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle police Chief Carmen Best says City Council's budget cuts, lack of respect for SPD drove her retirement decision VIEW
- 374 Seattle Police Department employees made at least $200,000 last year; here's how
- Wearing a neck gaiter may be worse than no mask at all, researchers find