A man in his 30s was declared dead at the scene after a motorcycle accident on Westlake Avenue North near Crockett Street.
A man in his 30s was declared dead at the scene after a motorcycle accident on Westlake Avenue North near Crockett Street in Seattle early Thursday.
Seattle fire said it appeared the man lost control of his cycle and ended up off the road.
There were no other vehicles involved in the 3 a.m. incident, said Fire Department spokeswoman Lt. Sue Stangl.
Although Seattle police-information officers do not generally respond to requests for information outside of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. office hours, the department’s accident detectives are said to be investigating the fatal crash.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA launches website to order free COVID tests; here's how to get them
- 'Hey, boys, you've got to keep it down': In Ballard, noisy sea lions are a real scene
- Washington state at-home coronavirus tests out of stock shortly after website launch
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world