The Associated Press
The Washington State Patrol says both a motorcyclist and a state trooper drove off a 20-foot embankment Tuesday evening during a high-speed chase near Port Angeles. The unidentified motorcyclist died.
The trooper was able to crawl from the wreckage without any serious injuries, according to a KOMO report. He was not immediately identified.
Trooper Russ Winger says the chase began on Highway 101 when a trooper tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding. Winger says the biker raced off, reaching speeds of 90 miles per hour. The chase turned onto a local road and ended about 10 miles southeast of Port Angeles.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
The crash is under investigation.