The cause of the accident remains under investigation, but the Washington State Patrol says intoxicants are not suspected
ELLENSBURG — A 55-year-old man was airlifted to a Seattle hospital Saturday after his motorcycle crashed in the Yakima River Canyon.
Harold J. Nelson of South Cle Elum was northbound on Highway 821 at about 4:30 p.m. when the crash occurred, according to the Washington State Patrol.
About eight miles south of Ellensburg he failed to make a curve, left the road and was thrown from his 2009 Harley-Davidson FLSTF, the State Patrol said.
He was airlifted to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center. His condition was not immediately available.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Gov. Inslee extends Washington state's coronavirus stay-home order through May 4
- Fact check: Debunking 10 myths about the coronavirus that causes COVID-19
Cause of the accident remains under investigation, but intoxicants are not suspected.