The Associated Press
MOSES LAKE — Grant County sheriff’s detectives are investigating suspected child neglect or abuse that has left a 2-year-old Moses Lake boy on life support.
The boy had no heartbeat when emergency responders arrived at a home Wednesday afternoon, and he appeared extremely malnourished. They got his heart started and flew him to Providence-Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
The sheriff’s office says he weighed less than 10 pounds when he was admitted, compared to an average weight for a 2-year-old of 34 to 48 pounds.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
Four other children who live at the home — a 14-year-old boy and three girls ages 10, 7 and 4 — are now in the custody of Child Protective Services.