Weather: It’s only fitting that on the first day of summer (can you believe it) we will have clear skies, sunshine and temperatures in the 70s. Tomorrow in the upper 70s. That’s all we’re going to say. Enjoy! The National Weather Service forecast.
Speaking of summer: It arrives here officially at 4:09 p.m.
Traffic: The map and cams.
People with guns: Two sheriff’s deputes were shot in Spokane yesterday, and a homeowner in Tacoma used a shotgun to shoot an intruder crawling through a window. Deputies are expected to be OK. It appears the intruder will survive, too.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
Tsunami debris on our beaches: Are you as fascinated as we are that boats, docks and pieces of Japanese houses are washing up on our state beaches following last year’s tsunami in Japan?
Convicted child rapist blames victim’s mother: Enrique Sanchez-Leon, who was sentenced in Snohomish County Superior Court yesterday to 35 years in prison after pleading guilty to raping, molesting and sexually exploiting a young girl, blamed the child’s mother because she let him babysit the child, according to a report by KIRO TV. Say what?
Hey, the Mariners are on a streak: Well, it’s not really a streak, but they have won three of their past four games, including a 12-9 victory over Arizona yesterday. Ichiro got four hits, including his 2,500th.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Microsoft strides into iPad realm with new Surface tablet
- A great move, but Microsoft has a sales job |Brier Dudley
- Broadcaster Kevin Calabro says he has no regrets about not following Thunder
- Von Reichbauer calls for public vote on Hansen’s stadium plan
- Time for Mariners to start treating Ichiro like an equal part of this rebuilding ballclub |Mariners Blog