Traffic: A real mess in some place, especially south of Seattle, in Pierce and Thurston counties and points further south. It’s slippery in Seattle where there’s an inch or so on the streets and roadways. The map and the cams.
We continue to be amazed how a little bit of snow shuts down the city: Schools closed, some city government offices closed, Metro on limited schedule; people skip work. When we were kids, “Why, we walked through three feet of snow…”
What’s really amazing is that some folks, such as those in Longview, could see as much as 20 inches of snow before this is all over, according to the Weather Service . Ouch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning: