Weather: There’s a story this morning that says it might snow on Sunday, but we’ll see about that. Chilly overnight. Some of us were scraping ice off our windows early this morning. But no rain forecast through Saturday. Yay! The details.
Traffic: The map and cams.
A Bellingham man rescues a dog in Florida: A sad story with one bit of good news emerged out of Florida the other day. Rory O’Connor, who was on vacation, was kayaking and fishing near Siesta Key, when he spotted a dog floundering about a half-mile offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Turns out the dog belonged to a woman jogger who had been hit and killed by a drunken driver. The dog had been injured and ran off, somehow ending up in the water and rescued by O’Connor.
Garage fire in Auburn this morning: Several vehicles were burned in a fire early today in Auburn. The fire didn’t spread to the home nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
Washington Sen. Patty Murray is scheduled to visit a Seattle home to talk with a few folks about unemployment. One relies on unemployment insurance and another is a community college professor who’s seen students quit when their benefits run out.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning:
(In a nutshell: High tech, drugs, college hoops and TV.)