Weather: Rain and some snow showers for us today, but the snow level is at 600 feet so those of you on the high hills beware. No snow accumulation is in the forecast, though. The high temp is going to be around 43. Rain and snow showers predicted for tomorrow, too, but rain, rain, rain for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The National Weather Service forecasts.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Did it snow in your neighborhood last night? Didn’t down here in Seattle. It is falling in the Hood Canal area and on the coast, however, according to The Kitsap Sun. The Cascades and most of Eastern Washington are getting snow.
Did we mention that gas is expensive? In the Seattle area, the price of a gallon of gas ranges from $3.69 in Marysville to $4.29 in SeaTac, according to gasbuddy.com. Ouch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
It’s Leap Year Day! We know that because we vote for a president this year, because we have to listen to all those people who were born today tell us they were born today and because it means another day of work. We have leap years because it actually takes 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds (a tropical year) – not 365 days – for the Earth to go around the sun once, so without a leap year, our calendar would be off by 6 hours. We have to make that up somehow!
Costco’s second-quarter earnings came out today. Guess what? They went up…
Officials expect thousands of people to attend the memorial service for slain Washington State Patrol Trooper Tony Radulescu Thursday in Kent, a 1 p.m. at the ShoWare Center. (AP)
KING5 has a story looking at whether a King County sheriff’s deputy used excessive force dealing with a jaywalker. DOJ investigates King County deputy’s use of force
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Ken Griffey Jr. entertains at Mariners camp | Larry Stone
- Body of Montana nightclub owner found in Elliott Bay
- Boeing’s newest jumbo jet delivered to first buyer
- Whidbey Island family reflects gay marriage’s shifting line
- Huskies find a new way to win | Steve Kelley