Weather: Can you believe it’s Aug. 1? While a bit cool today, it’s going to get warmer as the week progresses. And no precip. Yes! The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Another young man shot dead: It seems as though we have just about one young man shot and killed a day around here of late. This time it’s a 19-year-old in Skyway overnight.
Speaking of shootings: A man shot at two Auburn police cars early this morning. One shotgun blast hit a cruiser’s windshield and one hit a door. One officer fired back. Cops found the suspected shooter hiding in a yard and busted him. No one was hurt.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Will Waste Management be hit by hefty fines today for not picking up garbage, as threatened by the city? The strike continues, garbage continues to pile up, and we’re guessing that at least some people are getting increasingly frustrated with the whole mess. How bothered are you that your garbage isn’t being picked up? Vote in our poll.
Speaking of polls, we asked you yesterday whether you waited to learn who won Olympic medals until they were televised in the evening or you just couldn’t wait and went online or elsewhere to get results ASAP. Well, by a margin of 65 percent to 35 percent, most of you have no patience and checked on who won or lost as soon as they were available.
The Blue Angels will be roaring over the city as they practice tomorrow and Friday for their Seafair show this weekend.
We hear the M’s have won six games in a row. What was that? The Mariners are on a winning streak. Snowballs have a chance in you-know-where.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Striking waste drivers face replacement
- Microsoft saying farewell to Hotmail, hello to Outlook.com
- Mariners on a roll, win sixth straight game
- Brendan Ryan gets his “Mendoza” beer shower as Mariners celebrate sixth straight win
- Braylon Edwards tries to rekindle career, signs one-year deal | Seahawks