Weather: Sure was nice yesterday. Some of us even cut the grass. It’s going to be a nice 63 degrees today, but as the week progresses it’s going get a bit cooler and there is a small chance of light rain. Saturday, Sunday and Monday, however, look promising!The Weather Service forecast.
Traffic:The map and cams.
Fire engulfs popular Skykomish watering hole: The Whistling Post tavern washit by fire early this morning. One firefighter suffered a burned hand. The tavern, reportedly built in 1903, was destroyed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Speeding along I-5, driver stops, kills himself: The Bellingham Heraldhas a story about a man who was being pursued by a State Patrol trooper in a chase that reached speeds of 100 miles per hours on I-5 and ended with the man pulling off the freeway and shooting himself in the chest. He died at the scene.
Teen birthsdropped 9 percent in the U.S. from 2007 to 2010.Washington state ranks 40thin the number of teen births. Mississippi had the highest, New Hampshire the lowest.
Meredith Kercher’s father writes book: John Kercher, the father of Amanda Knox’s British roommate who was stabbed to death in 2007 in Perugia, Italy, haswritten a book about his daughter. In the book, he writes about the moment he heard of his daughter’s death. Knox, of West Seattle, along with her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito,were charged with murder in Kercher’s death, but the convictions were later overturned.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Bigger, faster Kasen Williams could have breakout year for Huskies
- Former Quincy mayor battles tech firms over potential server-farm pollution
- Ryan Leaf’s life of lies a tragic part of fallen football hero
- Amazon.com series draws torrent of negative reaction online|David Boardman
- Marcus Trufant returns to the Seahawks|Seahawks Blog