Weather: Astonishingly beautiful. Dry and in the 50s today. After a week of dry weather, moisture returns tomorrow, but it will still be in the 50s. The details.
Traffic: The latest.
The top story today, the killing of the Powell family’s two little boys and Josh Powell’s suicide, somehow manages to get more grim.
Windows at three Capitol Hill banks were smashed Monday night.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Dow Constantine as Brad Pitt? The notion came up Monday as the King County executive talked of the efficiencies the county was making, comparing the county’s thinking to the Oakland A’s management as portrayed in the book and this year’s Oscar-nominated movie, “Moneyball.” OK, Constantine might have been comparing himself more to Billy Beane than to the movie star Pitt, but the thought lingers today.
Madonna is coming to Seattle. KeyArena on Oct. 2. Thoughts about her Super Bowl halftime show: Terrific? Terrific for her age? You don’t care anymore? Say what you will, but tickets will surely fly when they go on sale Monday.
A community meeting will be held tonight to discuss ways to ease tensions between the Seattle Police Department and the community, especially with racial minorities. The meeting, sponsored by Seattle’s Office of Professional Accountability Review Board, will run from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Seattle University’s Campion Ballroom, 914 E. Jefferson St. Details.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: