Weather: It’s not going to be as warm as yesterday’s 74 degrees, but it will be in the 60s today and that ain’t nothing to shake a stick at. Well, OK, it will be a bit cloudy. … When the weekend comes, temperatures will inch back up to the upper 60s, just in time for that yard work, bicycling, jogging, hiking, you name it. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Maurice Sendak, beloved children’s book author/illustrator who also designed the “Nutcracker” production at Pacific Northwest Ballet, has died at age 83.
Oh, no, not another Kalakala story … The News Tribune in Tacoma says the owner of the decrepit ferry Kalakala and the owner of the Tacoma dock where it’s moored are at odds. The dock owner has sued Steve Rodrigues for back moorage fees and penalties. Rodrigues says he’s homeless and broke and can’t pay.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
The attorney for that Walla Walla store owner who shot and killed an intruder says the man acted in self-defense and expects no charges will be filed against his client. Those are often tricky cases for prosecutors.
President Obama is scheduled to be here Thursday.
An overpass for the animals: A $6 million overpass to let coyotes, elk, deer and cougars cross Novelty Road without getting hit by traffic in Redmond is proposed, with most of the money coming from the feds, according to a story by KOMO-TV.
We hope to have more today on the body found in Golden Gardens Park in Seattle yesterday.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Seattle pulls plug on its broadband network| Brier Dudley
- Low-cost bus line to Portland on track to compete against Amtrak
- Mariners growing three golden arms down on the farm
- CIA derails plot with al-Qaida underwear bomb
- Space Needle pens are still clicking for inventor