Weather: It’s Groundhog Day, and it does seem springish. Sunny and clear today. And tomorrow. And the next day. In fact, there’s no rain in sight until Tuesday. In the meantime, look for highs near 50 and lows in the upper 30s. Details here.
Traffic: Traffic is heavy on northbound Interstate 405 through Renton, but that’s nothing new. Other than that, so far, so good.
The gay-marriage bill passed the state Senate and is headed to the House, where is it expected to pass easily. “For a lot of people in my age group, this is a stunning event,” said Sen. Ed Murray, the bill’s sponsor.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Susan Enfield, who was Seattle Public Schools interim superintendent but decided not to seek the job permanently, might be headed to Bellevue instead.
A Seattle Marine, Sgt. William C. Stacey, has been killed in Afghanistan. His parents both are University of Washington professors.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: