Weather: Let’s see, fog-sun today, fog-sun tomorrow, rain-snow Saturday? Sunday has a 50 percent chance of snow. The National Weather Service forecasts Sunday snow and snow mixed with rain on Monday in the lowlands. We hope that’s a stretch. The details.
Traffic:The map and the cams.
City of Edmonds harassment case: You might remember thatKimberly Cole, the former executive assistant to Mike Cooper, the former mayor of Edmonds, had filed claims of a hostile work environment and harassment against the city a while back. According to a post by our community news partner My Edmond News, the city has released the results of an independent reviewof the matter. In a news release, the city says thatof the 14 separate allegations raised by Cole, all but two and part of a third were either unfounded, not sustained, or if the facts were sustained, they did not constitute or suggest harassment. Cole’s attorney says the city hasn’t provided the report to his client and it’s no surprise the city “would reach the convenient conclusion that the actions and inactions of those in Ms. Coles work environment didnt subject the City to any liability.
Youth soccer-fund theft: This happens enough that it’s not all that surprising, but the money amount in this case is a tad much. The Kitsap Sun has a story of a woman being sentenced after being convicted of stealing $100,000 from a Silverdale youth soccer organization.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning:
- How troopers averted wrong-way disaster over 18 miles of I-5
- Jim Lambright’s challenge to Huskies: Get aggressive on defense | Jerry Brewer
- Sarkisiantalksabout defensive coaching changes; and indications Keith Heyward is set to join the staff
- Mariners sign Japanese infielder Munenori Kawasaki
- ArchitectHelenHald’s humble Kirk home still awes