Weather: Forget the rain today, tomorrow and Saturday. Look at Monday: Chart says 65 degrees. Yeah, we’ll believe when we see it., Nevertheless, it appears the sun is going to try to peak out on Saturday. And Sunday looks downright sunny with a high temperature of 60 degrees. Time to get out and cut the grass and plant those flowers and veggies. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Ryan Leaf in court today: The former WSU and NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf is scheduled to answer to charges that he broke into two homes in Montana to steal prescription drugs.
Those Sounders: It hasn’t happened in a regular league match since 2009, but last night Sounders FC beat Los Angeles Galaxy with goals by newcomer (to the team, that is) Eddie Johnson and Freddie Montero.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Teaching assistant fired: Remember we said a teaching assistant at Goldendale High School was charged with having “sexual contact” with a 16-year-old student? Well, she’s been fired, The Goldendale Sentinel says on its website.
Death with Dignity: At least 70 people in the state died last year after asking for and taking lethal drugs as part of the state’s Death with Dignity law, according to the state Health Department.
Cops did OK: Well, that’s what at least 61 percent of those who voted in our poll have said when asked if they agreed or disagreed with this statement: Seattle police did a good job handling violent May Day protesters Tuesday. If you want to weigh in, click here.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Rain drives May Day protesters away after earlier outbreak of vandalism
- Boeing shows radical design for 737 MAX winglets
- Sparks fly over Dan Savage’s comments to students about Bible
- Junior Seau found dead at California home
- Heightened dispute over Kings puts Seattle closer to NBA team | Steve Kelley