Weather: We know this is getting old, but rain forecast for tonight, rain tomorrow, rain Saturday, rain or showers Sunday. Hey, spring, where art thou? Hello, Sunday is April 1. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
A meat popsicle: Ewww… Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma is bringing a male Sumatran tiger from Hawaii for breeding purposes and to welcome the big cat, a “meatsicle” is in the offing. Ingredients include: frozen meat and blood, topped with whipped cream. Zoo keepers say tigers just love these things. Yeah, but still, ewww.
A wet March: We don’t have all the numbers yet, but the amount of rain we’ve had this month is well above average, according to the National Weather Service. And if that doesn’t darken your day, the National Weather Service says — as it did yesterday — a lot of snow is expected to fall in the mountain passes today, creating winter driving conditions up there.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
Antoine Johnson, the former owner of four South Sound medical clinics, is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court in Seattle today for health care fraud, tax crimes and drug distribution. A jury that found 40-year-old Johnson guilty also convicted his mother and business manager, Lawanda Johnson, of health care fraud and filing false tax returns.
The University of Washington’s Center on Reinventing Public Education is expected to release a report today that will tell us where Washington’s schools are using the millions of dollars they get in federal School Improvement Grant money.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Modern design, retro touches: Here comes the new 520 bridge
- Boeing worker crushed by 787 wheels can’t explain accident
- Trayvon Martin’s parents say they don’t believe police report
- Mike Carp to DL with shoulder sprain; Carlos Peguero added to roster | Mariners Blog
- Bales tells lawyer of stress-disorder symptoms, ‘two sips’ of liquor