Weather: Drizzly today, we’re afraid, but there might be sun breaks off and on. Looks like rain through the weekend and into next week, and it could be a bit chilly on Sunday. What’s that all about? The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
What can we say about the horror, outrage and sadness brought about by the shootings yesterday in Seattle? It is worth pointing, though, what columnist Danny Westneat says, among other things today, about a jogger seen carrying a gun for safety: “Seattle, we’re losing it.”
Liquor privatization ruling expected today: The state Supreme Court plans to rule on whether the voter-approved initiative to privatize liquor sales, I-1183, is constitutional. Stores bigger than 10,000 square feet could start selling liquor tomorrow under the initiative. We’ll keep you posted on the ruling.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
The end to free Metro bus service in downtown Seattle: What happens to the poor and homeless when the free bus service ends in late September? Seattle Times staff reporter Mike Lindblom has the story.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: