Weather: The biggest and brightest full moon of the year was in full view last night, followed by a big, bright sun this morning. Today you can expect a high of 61 with a sunny Monday and Tuesday on the way. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: Nothing to report traffic-wise this morning. All should be flowing smoothly. There might be a little congestion near Sodo when the M’s play at 1 p.m. The map and cams.
Party boat controversy: Is it summer fun or obnoxious invasion? The Kirkland City Council will answer that question as they consider rules to address noise and safety at Juanita Bay, where residents say the boat parties are out of control. As for the partiers? They say they’re harmless. Read the full story from staff reporter Keith Ervin.
Port rivalry: Business columnist Jon Talton has a piece today about the port rivalry between Seattle and Tacoma. He says that as the shipping world undergoes massive change, both of Puget Sound’s big ports have more to worry about than each other. The question: Whether they can move beyond a natural rivalry to effectively take on the real competition. Read the full column.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
Costco online revamp: The Issaquah-based Costco chain will introduce mobile apps for Apple and Android this month, with plans to grow internationally in the coming year and improve its ranking in online searches. Its current online business rakes in about $2 billion a year, but it still significantly lags behind online retailer and neighbor Amazon.com. Read the full story from reporter Melissa Allison.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: