Weather: Another nice day in Seattle. It almost makes you forget about Winter, huh? Highs today in the upper 50s and low 60s. And expect the nice weather to stick around throughout the Easter weekend. Tomorrow might even be nicer than today. We hope. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: Reminder: The Alaskan Way Viaduct is closed this weekend between the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge until 5 a.m. Monday. This could mean more than usual congestion in and near downtown Seattle during the closure. Otherwise, not hearing of any other traffic problems out there. The map and cams.
We’re hearing reports of a state trooper hit on the side of the road shortly after 8 a.m. near Marysville. KING-TV reports the accident happened on northbound I-5 near 172nd Street Northeast and the trooper appears to be OK. It’s unclear whether the trooper was outside or inside the patrol car. When we hear more, we’ll provide updates in The Today File.
Looking for an Easter egg hunt today? Opportunities abound today to get outside with the kids and hunt for eggs. Woodland Park has a “Bunny Bounce” and will feed Easter treats to animals from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. The West Seattle Spring Egg Hunt and Festival starts at 11:30 a.m. and there’s an egg hunt at Richmond Beach at 1 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
And what’s a Saturday without sports? The Masters is broadcast on Channel 7 starting at 12:30 p.m. Local Fred Couples is in the lead. Sounders play at D.C. United at 4:30 p.m. and Mariners play at Oakland at 6:05 p.m. Both the Sounders and Mariners game will be on TV and radio.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Jet crash in Virginia Beach fiery, not deadly
- Were you stuck in Seattle traffic Thursday? Here’s why
- With a shovel and pickax, West Seattle man rescues, transplants hundreds of unwanted trees
- Now comes the hard part — selling the Nokia Lumia 900
- Cornish College dumps Mike Daisey as commencement speaker