Weather: Did someone say snow? There are reports of snow showers north of Everett, but only rain so far in the Seattle area. The forecast calls for rain showers today and a high of 42, with snow possible tonight after 10 p.m. The details.
Traffic: The Highway 520 bridge is closed until 5 a.m. Monday. The map and the cams.
Possible new arena: Seattle City Council members are irked that Mayor Mike McGinn didn’t tell them about a consultant he hired to evaluate an arena proposal.
Cruise ship aground in Italy: Three people are dead and 69 are missing after a cruise ship carrying thousands ran aground on the Tuscan coast.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
Portland rabbit-napping: Someone stole 18 rabbits from a Portland meat collective and turned them over to rabbit advocates. The Portlandia-worthy investigation is ongoing. From The Oregonian.
MLK celebrations: Here’s a listing of events planned to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. this weekend.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning:
1. Snow forecast sends shivers through Seattle
2. ‘Circus boy’s’ mysterious hanging death stuns Bellingham
3. Smart and fast, marine mammals are guarding our military bases
4. ‘Patron X’ speaks: apology for cellphone at N.Y. Philharmonic
5. More seats opening at the UW for in-state applicants