Weather: Expect the wet and windy weather to continue Saturday. The National Weather Service says there may be a chance of snow overnight down to 300 feet. Skiers should rejoice as the passes are expected to receive a large snow dump today. The National Weather Service forecasts.
A state park ranger was killed near Seabeck Friday night in head-on crash. Investigators say the man may have been impaired. He was arrested for vehicular homicide. This is the latest in a string of bad news coming out of Kitsap County, which also dealt this week with a school shooting, a slain trooper and a driver who was killed after his car veered off the road into the water.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
Newt Gingrich visited Federal Way on Friday and promised that, if elected, he’d lower gas prices to $2.50 a gallon. Unfortunately for him, the Associated Press did a fact check and found that presidents don’t have much power over gasoline prices. Gas prices mimic oil prices, and both foreign and domestic oil prices have been on the rise.
The Huskies will play Washington State today in Pullman, in a showdown that promises a large turnout. In fact, the last time WSU hosted Washington, the game drew twice the crowd the Cougars normally see.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: