Weather: We hope you enjoyed the weekend’s sun and relatively warm temps because we’re in for rain or showers today through Wednesday. And heavy rain is forecast for Thursday and Friday. But wasn’t that weekend nice?
Traffic: After being closed all weekend, the Viaduct has reopened. The map and cams.
The wife of a U.S. soldier Robert Bales who’s charged in the killing 17 Afghan civilians said on The Today show (video) this morning that she doesn’t think she’ll ever believe he was involved in the killings and that there were no indications that he suffered PTSD before he was sent to Afghanistan.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide
Man in critical condition after shooting in Northgate bar. Shortly before midnight, Seattle police found a man shot in a bar in the 500 block of Northeast Northgate Way. Police say they don’t know what led up to the shooting and the shooter was still on the loose this morning. The victim, who suffered life-threatening injuries, is in Harborview Medical Center.
Moses Lake and missing dog: The body of the dog owned by a Moses Lake man who’s been missing since Dec. 23 was found floating in Potholes Reservoir Sunday. A friend of Dan Toya, 64, was on a walk when he saw the dog’s body floating in the water, says the Grant County sheriff’s office. Toya disappeared while taking the dog for a walk along the same beach.
The estimated Mega Millions jackpot has reached $356 millions… whoa!
The Mariners got pounded by the Yomiuri Giants in an exhibition game in Tokyo today.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: