Weather: Windy. It’s blowing most everywhere in the state, especially on the coast, but gusting north and south of Seattle. Rain forecast later today, showers tomorrow, rain likely Wednesday. Temps in the upper 3o’s and low 40s until Wednesday when it’s expected to reach about 50 degrees.The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The work on SR 520 finished on time at 5 a.m. and the highway is up and running.The map and cams.
The shooting and burning of civilians in Afghanistan: Much more to be said about the J0int Base Lewis-McChord sergeant who is accused in the deaths of 16 Afghan civilians, many of them children. We’re at the base this morning and pursuing other aspects of the case throughout the day.
Shooting death of young girl: We’ll be working this morning to gather more information in theshooting death of the 7-year-old girl by her sibling in a van in Stanwood over the weekend.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Rape and robbery of Shoreline woman: Likewise, there’s much more to be said on the story about theShoreline woman raped, robbed while returning home from work.
Did you get up on time this a.m.?Daylight-saving time is upon us. We can be sluggish in the morning for some time…
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: