Weather: It’s February after all. Now, that the sun has disappeared it feels more like it. And, there’s more rain on the way through the weekend, with temperatures in the high 40s and low 50s. More weather info.
Traffic: A two-car accident on Interstate 5 just north of 272nd Street was slowing down the northbound commute around 6:45 a.m. but all lanes had reopened by 7 a.m. The map and cams.
Speaking of traffic, watch out this weekend when the installation of giant girders will shut down southbound I-5 near Federal Way Friday and Saturday night. Check out more details in our story.
Take a look at The Seattle Times story on school districts’ efforts to increase teacher diversity. And, you can look up the diversity level by school district in Puget Sound too.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle to help buy three new apartment buildings to house people facing homelessness
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning:
- Lakewood cop accused of embezzling $150K meant for slain officers’ families
- 3 big health insurers stockpile $2.4 billion as rates keep rising
- Agency set to investigate handling of 911 call about Josh Powell
- Quick decisions: How Washington hired its new football staff
- Historic day for gay marriage as another fight looms