Weather: Light rain today? We’ll believe it when we see it. It was nice yesterday, for sure. Saturday looks nice at 66 degrees and no rain, but Sunday may be a bit dreary: rain. Darn. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
A pedestrian was killed on SR 202 and East Lake Sammamish Parkway in Redmond late yesterday, according to KING5. We’re working to get the details.
Body recovered from gravel pit pond: The body of a 16-year-old boy who was swimming with friends in a gravel pit pond up in Burlington, Skagit County, has been found. Early season drownings happen every year — please be careful out there.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Now that another marijuana grow operation has been found after firefighters responded to a fire, makes you wonder how many of these little enterprises are out there. Moreover, if pot is legalized, perhaps the number of these will just flourish!
The idea of floating billboards on Lake Washington and Lake Union is, uh, being floated, so to speak, according to KING5. Can this be a good thing? Take our poll.
Spokane detective fired by previous police chief gets rehired by new chief. And the officer is currently suing the department. It’s a can-of-worms case if there ever was one.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: