Weather: This is the weather forecast we’ve been waiting for: sunny with highs in the mid-70s. No rain in the forecast for the next week, and temperatures just get hotter through the weekend. Finally! The National Weather Service forecast
Traffic: Traffic may be a nightmare this weekend, with construction closures on Aurora Avenue North, Mercer Street and South Spokane Street. The map and cams.
Chelan wildfire: While many welcome the warm weather ahead, firefighters are racing drying heat that could fuel a 250-acre wildfire near Chelan. The fire broke out Thursday afternoon and closed sections of Highway 97A and the Navarre Coulee Road. High temperatures above 100 on Saturday and Sunday are expected. Sheesh.
King County deputy injured: A King County Sheriff’s deputy reportedly suffered a concussion from a collision early Friday in White Center. The other driver tried to flee but was apprehended.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm
City councilwoman seeks $500K for “stress ball” injury: A city councilwoman from Vancouver, Wash., is seeking $500,000 from the city of Ridgefield after the city’s mayor allegedly injured her left eye with a foam stress ball. The mayor says he lobbed the ball at a Ridgefield councilman, but missed and hit Councilwoman Jeanne Harris’ face. Harris says the toss caused her left retina to become loose and partially detached. She says she has had six unsuccessful surgeries on it. That is one stressful stress ball.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Discovery of ‘God particle’ may explain how world came to exist
- Dollar bills rain down on Seattle streets
- Officials seeking cause of NY yacht capsizing
- For Mariners, pain of youth movement better than wondering what could have been | Jerry Brewer
- Management company swimming in criticism after firing Florida lifeguard