Weather: Forget the rain this morning. It’s supposed to clear up later today and we’re in for a warm, sunny weekend. Yes! Saturday and Sunday will see temps in the 60s, which we haven’t seen since, say, last weekend. Enjoy.The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic:The map and cams.
$25,000 in the death of … a cat: Aman has been told he must pay his ex-wife $25,000 in the death of her feline, according to a story in The Olympian. The ex-husband, who reportedly kicked the cat two years ago, pleaded guilty to second-degree animal cruelty and was given a suspended sentence and $1,000 fine. The ex-wife was awarded $15,000 in damages and $10,000 for emotional suffering.
Body found: Remember we said the other day that a rafter was missing on the Chehalis River in Lewis County. Well, a body has been found in the water, says KOMO TV.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Teens in standoffs: We’ve had two teens in standoffs with police this week. A 14-year-old who threatened his mother with a knife in Belltown in Seattle Tuesday and a 16-year-old kid being sought in connection with a shooting, in Kent yesterday.
Orcas and tulips: We have a story about Orcas today and photos of the Skagit tulips in bloom. And as one editor points out this morning, “How’s that for a sense of place?” The place being our beautiful Northwest.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: