Weather: Clouds this morning, sun this afternoon, and a high the upper 70s. Ideal weather in Seattle. It will be a bit cooler tomorrow through Friday, but it will warm up again on Saturday. No rain is expected, but then, it is August. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Whoa, up to nine coyotes in one area of West Seattle? That’s what a federal Wildlife Services agent has said may be the case in the Seola Beach neighborhood, according to an update on the coyote problems in a post by the West Seattle Blog. Some dogs and cats have either disappeared or been killed by coyotes since spring, the blog reports. Nine coyotes?
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
In the fifth swimming accident in the area in the past four days, an 11-year-old boy was found floating in Martha Lake last night. He was unconscious when he was taken to Seattle Children’s Hospital and is now in critical condition. KING5 has the details.
Bellevue a tourist destination? We’re a bit surprised, too. Visit Bellevue Washington says there were $1.25 million daily or overnight visitors to Bellevue last year. More importantly, we’re sure, is those visits brought in more than $484 million and in turn generated $44 million in local and state taxes income. Read more on the website of our community news partner Data Ferret.
It’s primary election day. Is your ballot in?
The Seahawks have signed Terrell Owens to a one-year contract. Is this an “uh, oh” move? Maybe, says our sports columnist Jerry Brewer. If nothing else, there will be drama…
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: