Weather: One word — chilly. Temperatures have dipped into the 60s this week and aren’t likely to reach into the 70s until the weekend. Some of us thought of wearing a sweater early this morning when it was 57 degrees. We toughed it out, though. The National Weather Service says we could reach 75 degrees on Saturday and 73 on Sunday. That’s what it’s supposed to be this time of the year. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
Dead man’s credit card: A one-time deputy prosecutor in the Cowlitz County Coroner’s office is accused of stealing almost $12,000 from the estate of a dead man by using the man’s debit card. Seriously? The Daily News in Longview has the story.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
Tattoos… Bacteria in tattoo ink has led to skin infections for some folks who got tattoos in our area and in other places around the county. Tainted tattoo ink blamed in rash of nasty skin infections. How nasty? “The bacteria can cause itchy and painful pus-filled blisters that can take months to clear up, and involve treatment with harsh antibiotics with unpleasant side effects.”
The dog did it. Well not really, but police are linking burglaries in Seattle to the fact that one of the suspected burglars, a woman, was caught on more than one surveillance video holding a Pomeranian as she used stolen credit cards to steal money from cash machines. Like we said, seriously? KOMO TV has the story
South Park fires: TV stations are reporting this morning that a fire at a vacant home in a South Park neighborhood is the fourth in the area in recent weeks, although at least a couple of the fires were small grass fires that were quickly put out. We’re looking into it.
Microsoft gets a new logo for the first time since 1987. What do you think of it? Vote in our poll above.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.
- Pete Carroll’s high-stakes move could define his legacy as Seahawks coach | Steve Kelley
- Mariners’ bats, King Felix thrill crowd in win over Indians
- Mariners win eighth straight game
- Aged, beloved Ivan the gorilla from Tacoma dies at Atlanta zoo
- Cities pay a price for campaign swings: $100,000 for recent Obama visit