Weather: Record setting heat over the weekend is more that we could ever ask for. What? Was it too hot for some of you? Well, it will be a bit cooler today, in the low 80s and the skies will be sunny once again. Speaking of high temps, when does it get too hot for you? Take our poll below. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The map and cams.
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Man shot by Seattle police officer this morning: The man was shot at Pritchard Beach Park. The incident may be related to an earlier shooting in the Rainier Beach neighboorhood.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Three drownings: What sometimes comes with hot weather are drownings and we sadly had three in the area over the weekend. A 27-year-old man from Lakewood drowned in American Lake Saturday, a 19-year-old man died in a hospital after being pulled from Lake Tapps Sunday and a 61-year-old man drowned in Spencer lake in Mason County also on Sunday. Stories from The News Tribune, KOMO, and KIRO.
In a related matter, hats off to the 17-year-old off-duty life guard who dived three times to pull a drowning man from Lake Washington over the weekend.
Wildfire threatens 14 homes or outbuildings near Chelan: It’s small now at 1,000 acres, but dry conditions and the heat aren’t helping this over there. The Wenatchee World has the story.
How about those Sounders! Sounders blank Galaxy 4-0 before MLS season-high 60,908
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Motive sought after 6 slain at Wis. Sikh temple
- Touchdown: NASA rover Curiosity lands on Mars
- Practical Mac: Hidden gem found in Mac OS X 10.8
- Letting Seahawks coach Pete Carroll have his way — and his say — with the quarterback competition | Jerry Brewer
- Social Security not deal it once was for workers