The Associated Press
Border officials say they have seized more than 25,000 counterfeit purses that arrived in Seattle in an ocean container from China.
More than 8,500 of the purses were knockoff Gucci, Fendi, Burberry and Coach bags, officials with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection office said Monday. The bags were seized in Seattle March 13.
Officials said the combined manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the handbags, had they been genuine, is more than $ 8.4 million.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 15: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world