A 59-year-old Monroe woman was found dead Sunday in the back yard of a home, and Monroe Police say the death is suspicious.
The woman, Jacqueline A. Rothenbuhler, had “signs of trauma to her body,” according to a Monroe police release. Rothenbuhler was found in the back yard of the home in the 400 block of Maple Street, police said.
The Washington State Patrol Crime Scene Response Team is assisting in the investigation. Investigators are asking anyone with information about the crime to call the Monroe Police Department, 360-794-6300. Anonymous information may be left on the department’s tip line, 360-863-4600.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic