White Christmas: Seriously? OK, well maybe, in some places. Weather folks here say the snow level could drop to 600 feet, that’s you higher hills, where a half inch might fall. But the high will be near 42. A tad warm, don’t you think? At least many of you won’t be schlepping through the snow on the way to work on the holiday. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
Sammamish friendliest town in America? Forbes says it is.
Nearly 90% of the residents of this Seattle suburb own their own homes. Crime is low as is unemployment. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and overlooking a lake, Sammamish offers outdoor activities like skiing, water sports, hiking and biking.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
Seahawks? 42-13 and headed to the playoffs! ‘nough said.
Well, not quite: A man is dead in a shooting at a bar in Bellevue at a celebration of the Hawks’ win yesterday. Police say it’s an isolated incident. Come on people.
Stevens Pass remains closed from the summit east to Leavenworth because trees keep falling on the highway. The ski area is expected to be open on a limited basis. Check the state Department of Transporation website for updates on the passes.
Puppy gone: Don’t you hate it when you read stories such as this during the holidays? Portland family heartbroken after thief steals puppy from humane society
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Seattle radio man Marty Riemer: ‘I felt like every day, I was lying’ | Nicole & Co.
- Russell Wilson defied all odds to become the talk of the NFL
- Seahawks crush 49ers, 42-13
- Indirect federal-tax subsidies to help pay for UW stadium
- Believe it, Hawks are best team in the NFL right now | Jerry Brewer
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1