Comedian Katt Williams clearly didn’t make some people laughon his visit to Seattle this past weekend. He was busted yesterday for allegedly being less than a gentleman in a South Lake Union bar where he got into it with some folks, waved apool stick at the bars manager and wouldn’t leave. Police also say he followed a family out of the bar and flicked a cigarette through their car window. The cigarette hit one of the family members just below her eye, police said. Yeah, that guy’s a riot. But wait. We forgot. There’s no such thing as bad publicity.
Ivan the gorilla to get a statue: The Irwin family, which put Ivan on display for years in their Tacoma store, plans toerect a life-size statueof the gorilla near the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma.KING reportsthe Metro Parks Board gave the OK to the plan last week. It will be paid for with private money. Ivan died at the Atlanta Zoo in August.
I don’t know who did it: A 14-year-old boy and a 28-year-old man got into a gun battle with Yakima County sheriff’s deputies over the weekend in Selah in the driveway of a home. Both the man and boy were wounded. The deputies won the fight. When they questioned the man, he told them he didn’t know who had shot him … Huh?
Rain enough for ya last night? More than 3/4 of an inch fell in Seattle yesterday.Some folks even report a burst of hail about 2 a.m. Looks like a brief respite for us this afternoon, and then another system moves in and drenches us once again.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Russell Wilson, whoa! Some of us don’t follow American football much, but the Seahawks’Wilson really did save the dayyesterday in the game against the Chicago Bears.
Man charged in barista slaying in Alaska kills himself. Before he died, Israel Keyestold authorities he killed four people in Washington state — among seven killings in which he implicated himself. There’s a good chance we’ll never know if that’s true.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Elephant havens face zoo-industry backlash
- Seahawks execute two drives to perfection, and to victory
- Russell Wilson saves the day for Seahawks
- Seahawks review: Three likes and dislikes about the 23-17 overtime victory over Chicago
- Elephants are dying out in America’s zoos
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1