Two teens have died and two were critially injured in a one-vehicle crash in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood. We’ll have more soon on this tragic accident.
Snow in the passes, baby. Can skiing be far behind? Well, yes, but this is a start. Snow at Snoqualmie and Stevens passes. Traction tires required on Stevens. I-90 at Soqualmie Pass was closed for a bit due to spin outs.
You probably already know, but just in case, some places are closed today in recognition of Veterans Day. Here’s a list.Whats open, closed Monday
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Frog lady: What’s a day without an off beat Erik Lacitis story? This one is about a woman who rescues frogs, among other critters. Who knew?
Seattle a hub for gambling? Now you’re talkin’… Our tech columnist Brier Dudley notes that Seattle companies already are making some top virtual-gambling ops on Facebook and mobile devices. “An early sign of this gold rush came in January, when Las Vegas gambling giant International Game Technology (IGT) bought Seattle video-game company DoubleDown Interactive in a deal worth up to $500 million,” says Mr. Dudley.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Marshawn Lynch puts on another awe-inspiring performance
- WSU president wants probe of football program
- Golden Tate puts on a show … as usual
- Hiker’s tip leads to capture of escapee from Monroe prison
- Email threats triggered FBI investigation of Petraeus; Reichert contacted by whistle-blower
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1