Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso, who was reported missing on Oct. 15.
COUGAR, Cowlitz County — Authorities say the body of a missing hiker has been found south of Mount St. Helens.
KOMO-TV reports deputies responded to a report of a body found Saturday afternoon in the Swift Reservoir.
Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso.
Canada was reported missing on Oct. 15 while hiking near Lava Canyon. Crews had searched for Canada for days to no avail.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Seattle Times poll finds strong support for more transit — but not bike lanes
- Teen dies after shooting in Renton Walmart parking lot Sunday
- In Seattle's Sodo district, frustration mounts amid RVs, drugs and skyrocketing crime VIEW
The Skamania County Sheriff’s Office says a group of scouts was camping near the Swift Campground when they made the discovery.
The Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy.