Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso, who was reported missing on Oct. 15.
COUGAR, Cowlitz County — Authorities say the body of a missing hiker has been found south of Mount St. Helens.
KOMO-TV reports deputies responded to a report of a body found Saturday afternoon in the Swift Reservoir.
Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso.
Canada was reported missing on Oct. 15 while hiking near Lava Canyon. Crews had searched for Canada for days to no avail.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state voters approved new gun regulations in I-1639. Here's what the law will do.
- Washington State Patrol detective violated woman's rights with ruse, hidden cameras, court rules
- Filmmaker, author sue FBI, seeking records about infamous 1981 Seattle murders
- Washington Senate Democrats choose Andy Billig of Spokane as new majority leader
- Seattle budget proposal: Divert $2.7 million in red-light fines from safe-school projects
The Skamania County Sheriff’s Office says a group of scouts was camping near the Swift Campground when they made the discovery.
The Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy.