Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso, who was reported missing on Oct. 15.
COUGAR, Cowlitz County — Authorities say the body of a missing hiker has been found south of Mount St. Helens.
KOMO-TV reports deputies responded to a report of a body found Saturday afternoon in the Swift Reservoir.
Investigators identified the hiker as 18-year-old Garrett Canada of Kelso.
Canada was reported missing on Oct. 15 while hiking near Lava Canyon. Crews had searched for Canada for days to no avail.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 13: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Alaska flight forced to return to Sea-Tac Airport after man threatens passengers Saturday night WATCH
- 7 people injured in Monday morning apartment fire on Seattle's Aurora Avenue North
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 12: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Mayor Durkan announces plans to move 911 dispatchers, other functions outside SPD, criticizes City Council support for deeper defunding
The Skamania County Sheriff’s Office says a group of scouts was camping near the Swift Campground when they made the discovery.
The Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy.