It’s bad enough that Brittney Henry’s car was stolen this morning from outside her Edgewood, Pierce County home. But inside the vehicle were the crown, sashes, gowns, shoes and other items belonging to the reigning Miss Washington.
According to a posting by Henry on the Miss Washington Scholarship Organization Facebook page, the items were packed in her car so she could leave early for an appearance at an Everett iHop restaurant. She said that police were able to use her vehicle’s GPS locator to find the stolen car, but the items were missing.
Henry said that among the stolen items were autographs from Miss America contestants — Henry competed in the Miss America pageant in January in Las Vegas — and her purse, which contained her checkbook, and debit/credit cards.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
“I would be extremely grateful if you could help me by keeping your eyes open for any of these items to appear on craigslist or Ebay — particularly my crown and sash which are obviously one of a kind (they say Miss Washington 2011 on them),” Henry wrote on Facebook. “The thieves have been using my debit and credit cards at several stores around Federal way, Puyallup and Tacoma.”
Henry, 24, was crowned Miss Washington in July. She graduated from Puyallup High School in 2005.